Engineering Project Manager
Nebulaworks is a consulting and engineering firm founded, built, and managed by engineers, for engineers. Our mission is to be the best in the world at creating high-performance engineering teams where members are inspired to collaborate openly, incentivized to gather new knowledge and skills, and value simplicity when solving difficult problems.
We believe technological and cultural change starts when the focus is on developing the team’s skillset, collaboration, and process to deliver software. The tools come and go, but the right team is invaluable. They possess the foundational knowledge and expertise to reason about any problem, propose numerous reasonable solutions, and identify a low-risk path to proving their hypothesis.
The Engineering Project Manager (EPM) is responsible for leading and managing agile cloud-based projects within our Clients. This role involves close collaboration with cross-functional teams comprising developers, operations, and business stakeholders to ensure timely and effective delivery of cloud solutions in support of the Client’s mission objectives.
- Implement Agile methodologies and principles in every stage of the project lifecycle, ensuring seamless collaboration among all involved teams
- Develop and maintains detailed project plans, including milestones, tasks, resources, and timelines
- Communicate project updates to all relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks related to the cloud infrastructure and software delivery
- Ensure optimal allocation of both human and technical resources, while keeping the project within budget constraints
- Coordinate with teams to ensure that the cloud-based solutions meet any relevant standards and compliance requirements
- Track key performance indicators to assess project performance and make data-driven decisions
- Confirm all project documentation, such as requirements, architecture diagrams, and end-user documentation
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through retrospective meetings and process refinements
- 0-25% Travel
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, with at least 2 years in Agile and/or Scrum project management
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean; understanding of DevOps practices, including developer pipelines
- Familiar with software development life cycles (SDLCs) and coding languages commonly used in cloud development
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Google
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools like GitHub and Jira
- Ability to facilitate effective Sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings
- Strong leadership abilities to manage cross-functional Agile teams, including risk assessment/management, time/priority management, budgeting and resource allocation, exceptional communication skills, and problem-solving/analytical abilities
- Capable of managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and guide team members in Agile and cloud best practices
Nice to Haves
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Manging cloud native engineer teams
- Experience across multiple major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise in product development and roadmapping
- Experience working with teams managing the large-scale infrastructure supporting numerous teams and applications
- Hybrid work: Irvine office and work from home
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- 401K with match
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- Health and dental, medical coverage
- All applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States without a visa; we cannot provide new or continuing visa sponsorship opportunities at this time.
- Nebulaworks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We request candidates to scrub such information from their resumes before applying to help make Nebulaworks an inclusive environment for everyone.
- Please send your resume to email@example.com